Monday, August 9, 2010

Siam Paragon

Oh my gosh!!  I thought I'd seen a big mall.  No, sorry - there is NOTHING I have EVER seen (mall-wise, here) that even comes close to Siam Paragon.  It is jaw-dropping.  There are six levels, each one with a different theme.  Our favorite floor has to be the one with the car stores - "Oh yeah - let's go to the Siam Paragon and pick up some dragon fruit, some bread, couple of pairs of Jimmy Choos and maybe a Mazurati while we're at it!"





In addition to the car stores (We're not talking Fords, here, we are talking Mazurati, Lamborghini, BMW, Lotus - pictured above right next to a shoe store), there is the hugest (is that a word?) grocery store I have EVER seen bar none (sorry V, this eclipses Wegman's).  

Like all malls, it had a event going on.  The Queen's birthday is the 12th, so the Thai Mother's Day is her birthday.  In conjunction with that, there is an Orchid show at the mall.  Again, absolutely amazing.  Row after row of incredible "air orchids" grown in air, not soil.



Yeah, we'll be going back before we come home - I wonder if they can put a Lamborghini in the cargo hold?


1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that you haven't posted any pictures with you or Derrick in them. I hope you are getting plenty. Also, Ammon is wondering A) Are you at Tiger Temple yet? and B) What floor are you staying on in your hotel?

    ReplyDelete